Tokyo Pop-Up Book: A Comic Adventure with Neko the Cat - A Manga Tour of Tokyo's most Famous Sights - from Asakusa to Mt. Fuji
Hardback | May 2018 | Tuttle Publishing | 9784805314340 | 14pp | 190x190mm | GEN | AUD$32.99
Age range 4 to 8
This adventurous pop-up book for kids whisks you on a whirlwind tour of Tokyo's most famous landmarks!
Tokyo Pop-Up Book cleverly pairs cultural and geographical information with artful paper engineering and an exciting storyline. Follow Chico, a 13-year-old shutterbug, and his mischievous cat Neko as they travel to the world's largest city. It doesn't take long for things to go off course when Neko decides to do some sightseeing on her own! As the pair travels the twists and turns of Tokyo, they pass through unique sites, each with an action pop-up to discover:
- Asakusa Temple, an ancient Buddhist temple where their adventure begins
- The thriving shopping district above Akihabara Station
- A stadium where a rousing Sumo match is in progress
- Shinjuku Station, where riders are packed into trains by professional "pushers"
- The imposing Tokyo Skytree tower, the tallest structure in Japan, where poor Neko has a dizzying close call
- The base of iconic Mt. Fuji, where the adventure has its happy conclusion